Do you want to have a dish which seems to be a mixture of cheese, bacon and eggs? Do you want to eat something delicious which might be a common dish in another country?
If yes, then nothing is better than Quiche Lorainne!
It is a French dish which you can prepare by making dough, first, and then filling it with eggy filling and topping it with cheese. Altough, IBS patients are advised by nutritionists in Abu Dhabi to follow vegan diet plan strictly, there are ways to turn unhealthy food into healthy food. All you need is to replace unhealthy ingredient with healthy ingredient to make it low fat and carb.
To prepare a delicious quiche Lorraine which can be eaten by diabetic and IBS patients easily, you need to have
- Half cup of millet flour
- Half cup of rice flour
- 4 to 6 tablespoons of water
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- Half teaspoon of salt
- Half cup of tapioca starch, and
- A tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
To make a crust.
To make a crust, put all of the above mentioned ingredient in a bowl and knead them together to make a dough. You can use water while kneading. Try to make smooth and elastic dough. Make a ball of it and put in refrigerator.
To prepare a filling, you will need
- 100 grams of bacon
- Half of milk (it should be lactose free)
- 40 grams of swiss cheese (you need to dice or grate it)
- Black pepper (according to your taste)
- Salt (according to your taste)
- 2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt
- Half teaspoon of nutmeg, and
- 2 eggs
- First and foremost, chop bacons and make them crispy in pan.
- Beat eggs, nutmeg, milk, yogurt, cheese, black pepper and salt in a single bowl. Add bacons too when they are cooled.
- Your filling is ready.
When your crust and fillings is ready, take out dough and put it in a tart pan. Press it a lot to make it of the size of tart. Prick it with fork at bottom. Put the filling in it and bake it for 50 minutes in pre-heated oven (it should be pre-heated at 180 degrees centigrade.)
Your Quiche Lorraine is ready to serve. Have it alone or with fresh juice which you prepared without sugar. Diabetic patients, who are following their diabetes diet plan under the guidance of a nutritionist in Abu Dhabi too, can have this dish to enjoy thday and make their day special while maintaining their sugar level.