When it comes to start your career as translator, you have to be very professional and expert in this field. Because unprofessional and inexperienced translator are free from learning, new ways and new tools. Getting services from an unprofessional translator can create hazard for you, and may be you can face many problems especially when it comes to legal translation services. You don’t have chance to make any small mistake, because ultimately you have to face so many problems regarding legal documents. So you have to be very careful and expert in this profession. Every translation company use different tools and ways for translation.
In this article we will talk about some useful tips for translator that can make them efficient and more expert.
- Before starting translation always make sure that you have revised all files and documents. You have to understand instructions regarding document. You should also make sure that you have received all relevant files and documents.
- You should also make sure that you are relax and comfortable with particular subject matter and style of language. You can also confirm this to translation project manager. Read out all the files and documents carefully and try to understand the terminology. It will help give you better understanding about subject and topic. Mostly professional translator are specialize in some subject such as in financial translation, marketing translation and technical translation, and with the passage of time they become more good.
- Make sure that you know the file format and familiar with it. If you are working with any translation company, then format of file can be translation friendly with translation memory. You should also remember one thing that do not change CAT tool that you client has specified. You may face problem when you have to understand file format, because it takes too much time if you are not aware of file format.
- As a professional translator you can also use some reference material, glossaries, style guides and terminology databases. You should not ignore any glossary that is sent you by client. If your client creates a database, you should use it. if they create it in simple excel file, you know all tools that how to convert this file to another format.
- If you find some problem in translation, you should instantly contact to your project manager. He will guide you in better way.